Monday, January 27, 2020
No menu items!

Knock Out Blow For Mayweather’s Kickbox Challenge

Must Read

Trump And Teenager Go Toe To Toe Over Climate Change Spat

A David and Goliath battle between US President Donald Trump and teenage climate change campaigner Greta Thunberg has broken...

Pineapples Are The Best Way To Keep Snorers Quiet

The best remedy to stop your partner snoring and keeping you awake is a pineapple, say scientists. But the solution...

Millions Face Losing WhatsApp Messaging In Big Switch Off

Millions of users of the social media network WhatsApp face a crunch time within a few days as the...

Former world boxing champion Floyd Mayweather has delivered a knockout blow to those hoping to see him take on a kickboxer.

Mayweather, 41, says the fight against Tenshin Nasukawa on December 31 is off.

Mayweather claims he had never heard of Nasukawa prior to the rushed announcement and that he and his team were ‘blindsided’ into giving fans misleading information.

In an embarrassing statement on his Instagram page recanting the announcement, Mayweather said: “Nowthat I am back on US soil after a long and disappointing trip to Tokyo, I now have the time to address you, my fans and the media in regards to the upcoming event on December 31st that was recently announced.

Special bout

“First and foremost, I want it to be clear that I, Floyd Mayweather, never agreed to an official bout with Tenshin Nasukawa. In fact (with all due respect) I have never heard of him until this recent trip to Japan.

“Ultimately, I was asked to participate in a 9 minute exhibition of 3 rounds with an opponent selected by the ‘Rizen Fighting Federation’. What I was originally informed of by Brent Johnson of ‘One Entertainment’ was that this was to be an exhibition put on for a small group of wealthy spectators for a very large fee.

“’This exhibition was previously arranged as a ‘Special Bout’ purely for entertainment purposes with no intentions of being represented as an official fight card nor televised worldwide.

“’Once I arrived to the press conference, my team and I were completely derailed by the new direction this event was going and we should have put a stop to it immediately.

Apology to fans

“I want to sincerely apologise to my fans for the very misleading information that was announced during this press conference and I can assure you that I too was completely blindsided by the arrangements that were being made without my consent nor approval.

“For the sake of the several fans and attendees that flew in from all parts of the world to attend this past press conference, I was hesitant to create a huge disturbance by combating what was being said and for that I am truly sorry.

“I am a retired boxer that earns an unprecedented amount of money, globally, for appearances, speaking engagements and occasional small exhibitions.”

Mayweather has not been in the ring since beating UFC star Conor McGregor in August 2016.
>

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest News

Trump And Teenager Go Toe To Toe Over Climate Change Spat

A David and Goliath battle between US President Donald Trump and teenage climate change campaigner Greta Thunberg has broken...

Pineapples Are The Best Way To Keep Snorers Quiet

The best remedy to stop your partner snoring and keeping you awake is a pineapple, say scientists. But the solution is not to ram the...

Millions Face Losing WhatsApp Messaging In Big Switch Off

Millions of users of the social media network WhatsApp face a crunch time within a few days as the app will go offline for...

What You Need To Know About The Deadly Coronavirus

The outbreak of  deadly coronavirus in China has led to the death of nine people and left hundreds more infected. The virus is centred on...

New App Will Stop Forgotten Signups Taking Your Money

How many times have you signed up for a trial subscription service and forgotten to cancel the payment? Everyone is guilty, but now a new...

More Articles Like This